OFFICE OF THE SHERIFF
PALO PINTO COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
EMPLOYMENT ANNOUCEMENT NO. A1407001
Notice is hereby given that on Thursday July 25, 2014, at 8:30 o’clock AM, the Office of the Sheriff of Palo Pinto County, Texas, will begin accepting applications for the following position:
TITLE: Field Deputy
POSITION: Full-Time Position
LOCATION: Palo Pinto County Law Enforcement Center
SALARY RANGE: Entry Level - $44, 451.68
All Interested & Qualified Personnel must apply in person at the Sheriff’s Office between the Hours of 8:30 o’clock AM and 4:30 o’clock PM, Monday through Friday, until closing date of this Announcement. CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCMENT SHALL BE UNTIL FILLED.
Minimum Qualifications for this Position:
1. Must be a certified peace officer
2. 21 years of age, at the time of appointment.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the state.
3. High School Graduate, or G.E.D. Equivalent.
4. Never convicted of a felony, or a misdemeanor above the Grade of Class “C”.
5. Excellent physical & psychological health (medical & psychological evaluation screenings are required by the Texas Commission On Law Enforcement Officer Standards & Education), prior to appointment.
6. Possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
7. Must presently reside, or be willing to relocate in any area of Palo Pinto County, if requested by the Sheriff of Palo Pinto County or his Designee.
8. Must have completed all requirements for Texas “Permanent Peace Officers License”, and eligible for immediate licensing.
At closing of this Notice, applicants will be screened and subjected to a complete background investigation. Selected Applicants will then be notified for interview. NO INFORMATION WILL BE DISCLOSED BEFORE OR DURING THE SELECTION PROCESS.
No resumes will be accepted at this time, only initial applications.
PALO PINTO COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
402 Cedar Street / P.O. Box 279
Palo Pinto, Texas 76484